09 April 2012

So soon?!

Well, I am back in the United States.
This beauty really missed me. Not in the door 2 seconds and she's taken control of the suitcase.
And I miss Spain.
Last dinner with Juana ):
I miss Juana. I miss our little house. I miss the plazas. I miss all the shaggy little dogs following their owners walking on the streets. I miss everyone being outside. I miss siesta. I miss the crazy bus drivers. I miss overhearing conversations in Spanish. I miss saying "Gracias", "Hola", and "Hasta luego" to people. I miss coca-cola. I miss the old couples walking around town for no reason. I miss pastelerias. I miss how the people interact with each other. I miss bars. Even miss the creepy Spanish street performers a little. There's so much I miss I can't even stand it.
Guillermo with Jenna and me! (:





Ana! Our amazing Spanish profesora de gramatica (:
The last couple of weeks in Spain were just a dream.... everyone was so happy, and everything was just amazing. The time flew by so fast I couldn't believe it. All of our finals [all what, 2 of them?] went well, and after our graduation we had incredible Indian food for our last big lunch as a group. The last week or so was just spent hanging out with our amazing host family, and members of the ward. And of course rushing to finish all of the things we wanted to do while in Spain. I chose to spend my last full day just wandering around Madrid, and just roamed around for hours in Parque del Retiro before picking up my parents up from the airport. 

Boats at Retiro
After dedicating a whole day to show my parents around Madrid, it was off to Italia! Yes. We just rented a
My dinner date in Venice.
car and drove our way through the country. First day was Rome, so hectic and overwhelming I could hardly stand it. Vatican, Sistine Chapel [Nicole likes to say "Sixteen Chapels!"], the Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, we were able to see so much in so little time! Next day we just drove up the coastline, and through Pisa to see the leaning tower. After that was the small town of Nove to buy some ceramics, then it was to Venice where we just wandered the city on the boats and even took a gondola ride! And after eating a substantial amount of pasta, pizza, and introducing my parents to GELATO {how did they not know what that was} it was back to Rome where I made sure to buy some sandals. We flew back to Madrid to grab my suitcases, and my parents were able to meet my host mom and brother while I re-packed. And well after my 10 hour flight to Dallas, an extreme culture shock from all the Texans and country music, then my 2 1/2 hour flight here to Salt Lake this morning I'm a little exhausted.

How in the world did time go by so fast?! I can't believe how incredible this experience was. The best 3 months of my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment