Well I would just like to start by saying I'm pretty sure Juana is the best cook in Alcala, if not all of Spain. Tonight she made us Tortilla Espanola and oh my heck it was amazing (along with everything else she's made). Meal times make me sort of anxious though, especially when Guillermo and Dani are there because we have to sit there for at least a half hour, and they speak so fast I can hardly understand a word they say. Pretty sure they think I'm an idiot, but oh well. At least I'm a nice one.
Yesterday we toured our town of Alcala de Henares, and figured out how to walk to school and where most of the main streets are. Alcala feels like a small town community, even though really it's a pretty large city.
Today, though, was our first trip to Madrid. A little lists of firsts from today:
- On our walk to the train EARLY this morning, Jessi and I saw our first pair of twins - middle aged men wearing the same shirts with the same cardigans. It was an amazing and precious first.
- First ride on the train.
- First ride on the metro. Very claustrophobic.
- First time entering a cathedral.
- First encounters with gypsies. Dirty dirty gypsies.
- First chorizo sandwich. SCORE.
- First Euros spent - on churros & hot chocolate. The hot chocolate here is crazy. No milk or water, it's literally just chocolate heated up until it's liquid. I really hope people don't actually drink it.
It was an exhausting day. Constantly making sure no one is trying to rob you or cheat you out of money, and making sure no gypsies stuff crap inside your hands or pockets is tiring. After all this we decided to attempt to ride the bus home and somewhat figure out the schedule. After a few tries, and a few different buses, we finally figured it out. So after successfully getting on the right metro, train, and then the bus, without getting lost whatsoever we came home and somehow couldn't even manage to unlock our own front door. I'm so glad I have Jessi, though, because without her I would be so absolutely lost! Anyways I'm so tired now I can't really even remember all what we did or even saw the past few days.
Pero todos los muy guapos hombres espanoles. It's barely 10 p.m and I am ready to sleep. What the heck?!?
And since I couldn't take any pictures today here are some stolen from Jessi, courtesy of her amazing photography skills:
 |
| a street off the plaza del sol |
 |
| Santa Maria la Real de la Almudena Cethedral |
 |
| Inside Santa Maria la Real de la Almudena Cethedral |
 |
| Plaza Mayor |
 |
Sorry Callie, I can't remember where this is.
I just know it's by the oldest door in Spain. |
No comments:
Post a Comment